The Sydney International Regatta Centre is one of Australia’s premier sporting and festival events destinations. Our world-class facilities are home to national and international regattas, sporting events, triathlons, trade shows and music festivals.
Purpose-built for the 2000 Sydney Olympics and Paralympics, and set on 178 hectares of native bush and parklands surrounded by Penrith Lakes, the Sydney International Regatta Centre is unique in location and offers:
The venue offers a vast selection of event facilities including:
- A large island with limited noise restrictions
- Caterer with Liquor license to coordinate a food stalls, food vans, kiosk and bars
- Internal roadways and front and back of house vehicle entry/exit points
- Multiple conference rooms with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment
- Outdoor and undercover exhibition areas
- Village green and a range of large outdoor spaces
- Multiple amenities blocks some with hot showers and change rooms
- 2300m competition lake and 1500m warm up lake
- 5km cycling loop and 5km running path
- On water access with launch pontoons
- Integrated PA System
- Onsite camping (subject to DA approval)
- Equipment such as two-way radios, loud hailers, water fill and crowd control barriers.
Home to large-scale musical festivals, regattas and marathons, the Sydney International Regatta Centre is also the preferred location for triathlons in Australia, thanks to being able to run all events at once without the need for road closures.
- Spectator grandstand and pavillion seating for 1,000 people
- Island capacity of 20,000 (depending on overlay)
Whole of venue capacity of 30,000 (up to 50,000 subject to approval of application)
- Parking for 2,000 vehicles and coach and shuttle set-down and pick-up stations
For more information on accommodation, restaurants or things to do and see Visit Penrith
Check out our Sports Events Resource Library to help you plan and evaluate your next sporting event.